NEW - 9/26/2016 - Easier installation method!
Click HERE to view/download the new instructions...
Complete kit blocks dangerous Microwave Radio Frequency transmissions originating from your Electricity Smart Meter.
Once installed, it directs the transmission away from your living area inside the house while still allowing the Utility company to read your meter.
Are you waking up each night between 2:00 a.m. and 4:00 a.m., or thereabouts, sweating or feeling hot for no apparent reason?
Have you changed mattresses thinking it was the mattress material?
If so, more likely than not, you are being disturbed by your Smart Meters (electricity and now even water meters) which constantly send microwave signals to your Utility Company in short bursts, but for a much longer period of time during the wee hours of the morning when most people are trying to sleep.
We have made it easy for you to shield the dangerous microwave RF radiation coming from your electricity Smart Meters (water meter shield coming soon).
Also, our solution is $50 to $100 less and simpler to install than comparable products available from other suppliers.
Generous Kit Includes:
- One (1) piece EMF/RF Shielding Mesh Screen 6" x 24" (new, May 16, entire 6" x 24" Screen is framed with EMF/RF Shielding Tape, 2" wide, total 60" coverage).
- Four (4) pieces of EMF/RF Shielding Tape approx. 2" W x 12" L
- One (1) 60" (5 feet) length of copper cable 14AWG (41 strands) with two (2) 2" Alligator Clips attached via compression and covered in heat shrink tubing, one on each end of the copper cable
- Four (4) pieces of double sided self-adhesive tape, approx. 0.5" W x 6" L
- Easy to read and follow instructions (download, click here.)
1) Locate your smart meter, Figure 1
2) Clean and dry the exterior of the glass, especially on the bottom. Use only a damp cloth.
3) Peel the adhesive backing and position the double sided self-adhesive tape on 4 spots around the glass as shown in Figure 2.
4) Position and adhere the shielding mesh onto the double sided self-adhesive tape as shown in Figure 3.
5) Wrap the shielding mesh snugly around the meter glass. Make sure the fabric extends all the way to the metal housing. Do not leave an uncovered gap where the meter glass meets its metal housing. Depending on the smart meter diameter, the mesh may overlap itself. See Figure 4.
6) Wrap the EMF/RF Shielding Tape around the mesh for added protection (see Figure 8). Be sure to tape up to the metal ring around the glass. See Figure 5.
9) Connect one end of the ground cord to the shield and the other to a convenient place on the metal smart meter housing. see Figures 6, 7 and 8. It must be connected to an unpainted surface so scrape off a little paint if required.
Frequently Asked Questions
Once Shield is installed, can our utility company still read our meter?
Yes, the design of this shield allows the utility company to receive your energy usage readings remotely and by direct visual inspection.
Is it illegal to put the shield on a Smart Meter?
No, it is not illegal to put this shield on your smart meter. It is illegal to break the glass or security seal on your smart meter. Please do not
Will the utility company take it off?
No, usually not. Utility companies don't usually care what you do to the smart meters as long as you:
- Dont break the glass or security seal… - Dont prevent them from receiving their signal… - Dont block the access to their meter.
Can I measure the shielding performance?
Yes, definitely. You will need a suitable RF meter such as the Acoustimeter or High Frequency Meter (see https://2ground.com/collections/rf-meters).
Set the meter in a fixed position and monitor the radiation output from your smart meter. Without moving your RF meter, install the shield
and see the difference in your meter readings. Note! The RF meter should be positioned to the side of the smart meter and should be far
enough away that the RF meter does not exceed its maximum range.
Now, the radiation will be reflected back to the outside of your home instead of hitting you and your Family members.
(Instructions with images and video showing the effective RF blocking properties and RF meter readings will be added to the website soon).
Recently Viewed Items
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.